Why Are Cockroaches More Common in the Summer?
Few pests are as big of a problem in Los Angeles as the cockroach. Active year-round due to our mild weather, cockroach infestations are any property owner’s worst nightmare. While they can be active all year long, we see a rise in infestations during the summertime. This is because cockroaches are attracted to heat! The warming temperatures encourage roaches to forage for food and breed at a more rapid rate, which is why infestations are more likely than ever during the summer months. To learn more about summertime cockroaches and how you can keep them away, keep reading for tips from the experts here at Isotech.
Summertime Cockroaches in Los Angeles
Cockroaches are infamous for their ability to survive a number of climates and environments. In colder areas, they will go into a state of inactivity to await warmer weather. However, the heat encourages them to become more active again. Roaches are also drawn to moisture, which is why they are most commonly seen in bathrooms and kitchens in commercial properties. When heat is extreme, roaches will enter buildings in search of food and shelter. Once inside, they can spread and their infestations can grow to large numbers. Because they are so prolific in the summertime, we receive many calls about roaches this time of year!
Top Tips to Prevent Cockroaches
Once you have a cockroach infestation, it can be hard to get rid of. For that reason, it’s best to learn how to keep them out in the first place. Our top tips for keeping roaches away from your commercial property include:
- Inspect the perimeter of your property and seal cracks and crevices. Seal windows and doors or install screens.
- Keep a clean kitchen and bathroom. Wipe or clean up any spills or messes as soon as possible.Keep all food securely sealed in airtight containers, and refrigerate unsealed food.
- Ensure your garbage is sealed with a tight-fitting lid, and routinely take it out when needed.
- Avoid leaving piles of clutter or junk both inside and outside of your property.
- Because cockroaches love moisture, promptly fix any leaky pipes or clogged rain gutters.
How to Control Cockroach Infestations in the Summer
If you’ve done all you can to prevent cockroaches but still find yourself dealing with an infestation, it’s important to act quickly. Roaches are dangerous pests—they can spread germs and bacteria, as well as trigger allergic reactions in certain individuals. For that reason, it’s best to always enlist the help of a professional cockroach exterminator such as Isotech!
Why Are Cockroaches More Common in the Summer? in Los Angeles
Serving the Los Angeles Metro Area