Preventing Hostile Yellow Jackets in the Fall
As summer comes to a close, some types of pests become more rampant as they prepare for the colder months ahead. Yellow jackets are one such pest that tends to get more aggressive in the fall, making them more dangerous as they invade areas surrounding residential and commercial properties. To keep your business safe from these stinging insects, it’s important to learn how to prevent them from invading your property. Read on for some of Isotech’s top tips for keeping these aggressive wasps at bay!
When do Yellow Jackets Get Aggressive?
While yellow jackets and wasps are known to sting people from time to time, they become especially hostile in the late summer and fall. When nests begin in the spring, yellow jackets are provided with plenty of food sources from the abundance of flowers. Colonies begin to grow in size, which forces some members out of their nests and out looking for new resources in the fall. Some of the things yellow jackets may be attracted to outside your property include:
- Uncovered food or trash cans containing food
- Sources of standing water, such as fountains, swimming pools, or hummingbird feeders
- Lawn insects such as grubs, which are fed on by stinging insects
- Eaves or holes that allow them to build new nests
Keeping Wasps Away from Your Commercial Property
If you own a business or commercial building, the last thing you want is a swarm of yellow jackets outside your property. There are several ways you can lessen the risk of yellow jackets invading your outdoor space this fall:
- Keep any outdoor food areas covered and make sure all garbage cans have tight-fitting lids.
- If you’re spending time outdoors, don’t wear bright colors or fragrant perfumes.
- By yourself or with the help of a professional, inspect your property for nests or areas where nests could begin.
- Get rid of sources of standing water and keep an eye on outdoor fountains or feeders.
Professional Yellow Jacket Prevention
Owning a commercial property can be overwhelming, which is why it’s best to team up with a professional pest control company who can ensure you stay pest-free. Especially when bee or wasp nests are involved, a professional can keep you and your employees safe from stinging insects. Give the experts at Isotech Pest Management a call to see how we can keep aggressive yellow jackets away from your property throughout the fall!
Preventing Hostile Yellow Jackets in the Fall in Los Angeles
Serving the Los Angeles Metro Area