Pest-Free Outdoor Living Tips
Here in the Los Angeles area, we are used to dealing with a plethora of pests and insects—especially in the summer months. With everything going on, you likely are looking to spend more time outdoors. When you do, you likely don’t want to be bothered with pests! It’s hard to avoid insects entirely outside, but there are a few things you can do to make your outdoor space less attractive to pests in general. At Isotech Pest Management, we know that pests are a nuisance to deal with, which is why we’re here with our top pest-free outdoor living tips!
What Pests Are Common in Your Outdoor Living Area?
All types of pests and insects may find your outdoor space suitable to nest or live in. Some can be a nuisance, while others can be downright dangerous. The pests you’ll commonly see in your outdoor area are mosquitoes, stinging insects (bees, wasps, and hornets), ants, spiders, ticks, fleas, and flies. Ticks and mosquitoes are especially concerning for their ability to transmit dangerous diseases to humans. Because of this, it’s more important than ever to learn what you can do to keep pests away.
6 Tips for Pest-Free Outdoor Living
There’s little you can do to avoid pests and insects while outdoors. That said, there are a number of ways you can make your property less attractive to pests in general. Our best tips to achieve a pest-free outdoor living space are:
- Get rid of any standing water. Stagnant water is one of the biggest attractants for mosquitoes.
- Trim your lawn and shrubs regularly. Ticks and mosquitoes will shelter in overgrown vegetation or tall grass.
- Know how to identify ant hills and nests. Even a tiny mound or nest can contain thousands of stinging insects inside.
- Thoroughly inspect wooden structures. Carpenter ants and termites will damage your wooden decks or porches.
- Apply an insect repellent. Most store-bought repellent containing DEET will help repel mosquitoes and ticks.
- Tidy up and clean your outdoor area. Any spills or leftover food will surely bring ants around.
How to Keep Pests Away For Good
Keeping pests away in your outdoor area is also the key to reducing the chances of them getting indoors! If you are having trouble keeping them away, it’s best to enlist the help of a professional pest control company. At Isotech Pest Management, we are dedicated to keeping pests away from your property, both indoors and out. Contact us today to learn more!
Pest-Free Outdoor Living Tips in Los Angeles
Serving the Los Angeles Metro Area