When to Call a Hornet and Wasp Exterminator
Serving The Los Angeles Metro Area
When bee, wasp, & hornet nests are away from businesses and buildings, there’s generally no problem. But when nests start to form in high traffic areas, some action needs to be taken.
If you feel like wasps are a threat to the health and safety of your employees or clients, don’t wait to act. Knocking a nest down needs to be done very carefully, and preferably by a professional.
DIY Remedies for Wasp & Hornet Nest Removal
While we never recommend removing a nest yourself, here are some basic guidelines:
- Only remove a nest if it’s smaller than your palm.
- Wasps, hornets, and Africanized bees will do almost anything to defend and protect their nest. You need to be fully aware of what kind of bee is present before you knock the nest down.
- There are species of bees that pose little to no threat to the general public, and there are some species of bee that are incredibly dangerous. It takes 4-6 hours with a microscope to identify a regular bee versus an Africanized bee. Identification needs to be taken very seriously!
- Spraying before you knock a nest down should be done at night, or very early in the morning, while wasps and bees are least active.
- Using pesticides to kill wasps can be hazardous for humans, in addition to animals that may feed on their carcasses. Spraying is not as effective as having the nest removed.
- Nests should be knocked down at night, unless you have proper protection.
- Wear long sleeves and pants. While it’s not as safe as a bee suit, this can help you to avoid a sting.
- Properly dispose of the nest, as well as any dead bees or wasps you see.
- If you are allergic to stinging insects of any kind, do not attempt to knock a nest down! Wasps are animals, and they’re highly unpredictable.
- If the nest is bigger than a fist, please do not attempt to knock it down. You need to call a professional!
Ready for Your FREE Commercial Pest Control Inspection?Leave your information and we’ll contact you to schedule a FREE inspection!
Safe and Environmentally-Friendly Hornet Nest Removal
Calling a professional is the safest and easiest way to remove a hornet, wasp, or bee nest. A licensed pest control company like ISOTECH can ensure that the infestation is safely removed or relocated to a safer location. We specialize in bee traps, a simple and easy way to remove swarms or colonies from a specific area. We’re also experts at employing preventative measures, to prevent more bees or wasps from re-colonizing the space. If you’re concerned about bees or other stinging insects around your house, give us a call! ISOTECH Pest Management will work with you to make sure any nests are removed safely. Call ISOTECH today!
Put us to the test – we’ll be there when you need us… guaranteed!Back to Bees, Wasps & Hornets Exterminators – Control – Removal
When to Call a Hornet and Wasp Exterminator in Los Angeles
Serving the Los Angeles Metro Area