Ant Prevention Tips
Serving The Los Angeles Metro Area
Most people have had frequent encounters with ants. Ants are the number one nuisance pest in the nation and can be very disruptive to business owners in the Los Angeles Metro Area. When you have an ant problem, it can turn customers away and even lead to failed inspections in certain industries. For that reason, it’s crucial to learn the best ant prevention tips to avoid an infestation from starting in the first place.
Whether it’s a nest of pavement ants in your garage space, or a parade of odorous house ants marching across your counters, there are ways to combat ants. The ant exterminators at Isotech Pest Management have shared their top tips to keep ants away.
How to Prevent Ants
Once you have them, ants are infamously hard to get rid of. To protect your business from ants, try implementing the following tips for preventing ants:
- Eliminate Sources of Water
- Repair leaky pipes, and routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture.
- Consider using a dehumidifier in damp basements or crawl spaces.
- Make sure that downspouts and gutters are functioning properly
- Eliminate Sources of Food
- Keeping your commercial kitchen or employee break room tidy will go a long way to discourage ants from coming inside.
- Wipe down counters and sweep floors regularly to eliminate crumbs and residue from spills, especially if you work in food processing.
- Store any food in sealed containers, and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Use a lid on trashcans, and dispose of garbage regularly.
Are you ready to schedule a free inspection?
Ant Prevention Tips For Outside
In addition to the above ant prevention tips, one of the best ways to keep ants away is to stop them from getting inside in the first place. By maintaining your yard, you can limit the chances of many types of pests, ants included:
- Take time to inspect the outside of your commercial space for easy access points.
- Trees and bushes should be trimmed away from the building.
- Seal any cracks and crevices with silicone caulk, paying special attention to areas where utility pipes enter.
- Bathrooms, basements, the insides of walls, and in/around air conditioning and heating units are also known to attract ants, so make sure all entry points are sealed.
Long-Term Ant Problem Prevention
Once you have an ant problem, it can be really difficult to get rid of ants. Without the proper training and tools, eliminating these pests can feel impossible. Ant issues, no matter how small, can continue to grow if they’re not properly treated. Some species of ants, like carpenter ants, can even cause serious property damage.
Isotech knows exactly what it takes when it comes to preventing ants in your commercial space–for good! Give us a call today for more info on our ant problem prevention services.Back to Ant Exterminators – Control – Removal
Ant Prevention Tips in Los Angeles
Serving the Los Angeles Metro Area