Ant Prevention Tips
Serving The Los Angeles Metro Area
Most people have had frequent encounters with ants, usually one or two at a time. Ants are some of the most common insects in both homes and commercial buildings, and humans have learned to deal with them. But when one or two turn into ten or forty, you might have an ant problem!
Whether it’s a nest of pavement ants in your garage space, or a parade of odorous house ants marching across your counters, there are ways to combat ants. The experts at ISOTECH would love to give you some of our most helpful hints!
Basic Steps to Prevent Ants
Ants are the number one nuisance pest in the United States. There are some simple steps that property owners can take to reduce your chances of unintentionally inviting ants into your home.
- Eliminate Sources of Water:
- Repair leaky pipes, and routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture.
- Consider using a dehumidifier in damp basements or crawl spaces.
- Make sure that downspouts and gutters are functioning properly
- Eliminate Sources of Food:
- Keeping your commercial kitchen or employee break room tidy will go a long way to discourage ants from coming inside.
- Wipe down counters and sweep floors regularly to eliminate crumbs and residue from spills, especially if you work in food processing.
- Store any food in sealed containers, and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Use a lid on trashcans, and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Eliminate Ant Entry Points:
- While ants frequently infest kitchen spaces, there are other rooms that can be problematic.
- Bathrooms, basements, the insides of walls, and in/around air conditioning and heating units are also known to attract ants, so make sure all entry points are sealed.
Ready for Your FREE Commercial Pest Control Inspection?Leave your information and we’ll contact you to schedule a FREE inspection!
Preventing Ants from the Outside
- Take time to inspect the outside of your commercial space for easy access points.
- Trees and bushes should be trimmed away from the building.
- Seal any cracks and crevices with silicone caulk, paying special attention to areas where utility pipes enter.
Hire An Ant Exterminator
Once you have an ant problem, it can be really difficult to get rid of ants. Without the proper training and tools, eliminating these pests can feel impossible. Ant issues, no matter how small, can continue to grow if they’re not properly treated. Some species of ants, like carpenter ants, can even cause serious property damage.
ISOTECH Pest Management knows exactly what it takes to eliminate ants from your commercial space–for good! Give us a call today, and let us get rid of your ants!Back to Ant Exterminators – Control – Removal
Put us to the test – we’ll be there when you need us… guaranteed!Back to Ant Exterminators – Control – Removal
Ant Prevention Tips in Los Angeles
Serving the Los Angeles Metro Area